RACE START TIMES
MARATHON: 8:00 AM
HALF MARATHON: 8:00 AM
5K: 8:15 AM
- Friday, September 16: 6 PM – 8:30 PM at Southampton Intermediate School gym (70 Leland Lane, Southampton, NY 11968)
- Saturday, September 17 (Race Day): 6 AM – 7 AM at Southampton Intermediate School gym (70 Leland Lane, Southampton, NY 11968)
Those with bib mailing do NOT need to attend Packet Pick-Up unless your bib did not arrive or you changed race distance after August 31 at 11:59 PM. If this applies to you, you MUST attend pick-up on Friday or on race morning to receive your new bib.
Parking passes are SOLD OUT!
If you purchased a parking pass for Southampton High School, you will receive a separate email with parking details.
- If you selected bib mailing, your parking pass will arrive in the mail.
- If you are picking up your packet on Friday in Southampton, we will have your parking pass with your race bib.
- If you are picking up your race bib on Saturday morning, you will not have your parking hangtag in hand before you need to park, please use the email to access the parking lot on race morning.
Other free parking options are available in the Village of Southampton at these locations:
- Behind 82 Main Street, Southampton
- 22 West Main Street, Southampton
- 44 Little Plains Road, Southampton
- 116 NY-27A, Southampton, NY 11968
There will not be a shuttle taking runners from the city into Southampton for this year’s event.
For more parking information, please click here.
Parking lots are within walking distance to the start/finish line, but there will be also free Hampton Jitney parking shuttle. If you plan to utilize the shuttle, please arrive early! The shuttle will run continuously, but runners should expect a 15-20 minute wait.
The shuttle will drive in a loop along Hampton Road to the start line. Runners are can park for free in the municipal lots on Hampton Road near the following shuttle stops:
- Nugent Street across from Rite Aid (82 NY-27A, Southampton, NY 11968)
- Southampton Town Hall (116 NY-27A, Southampton, NY 11968)
Parking shuttles will begin running at 6 a.m. and will continue until 3 p.m.
NOTE: There will not be a shuttle taking runners from the city into Southampton this year.
New for 2022, Gear Check will not longer be in the gym. Runners can check a bag at the Gear Check tent directly next to the start/finish line on race morning.
Gear check will open at 7 AM race morning. Bags must be picked up by 2 PM.
There are eight water stations on the course, many of which will be passed twice along the route. Runners are strongly encourage to bring their own hydration source on race morning as they run along the course to avoid potential wait times at water stations. Gu nutrition is provided at approx Mile 17 for marathon runners.
To see hydration station locations, please see the course map.
There will be a results tent with live results at the finish line and runners can also check their results online at HamptonsMarathon.com/results-photos.
Live tracking will be available online at https://www.areep.com/hamptons.
There will be a timing split at approximately Mile 7 for Full and Half Marathon runners, and again at Mile 18.5 for the Full and Mile 9 for the Half Marathon.
DEFERRALS: The deferral deadline was August 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
CHANGE DISTANCE:You may still change your distance online, but you MUST attend Packet Pick-Up on Friday, September 16th OR attend race morning pick-up to receive your new bib.
Runners with bib mailing: If you changed your distance AFTER September 15th, you MUST pick up your new bib either at Packet Pick-Up on Friday, September 16th or on race morning.
Overall Awards will be presented to the top three finishers male and female in the Full Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K.
Age group awards will be presented to the the top three finishers male and female in the Full Marathon & Half Marathon. Age group awards will be presented to the first place finisher in each age group of the 5K, male and female.
Overall award winners will be announced at the finish line at the following times:
5k winners: 9:00 AM.
Half Marathon winners: 9:30 AM.
Marathon winners: 11:00 AM.
All awards (age group and overall awards) can be picked up at the customer service tent beginning at the following times: 5k at 9:00 AM, half marathon at 9:30 AM, marathon at 11:00 AM. Awards will not be mailed.
Participants will receive an official race shirt at packet pick up before the race. Full and Half Marathon runners will receive a finisher medal at the finish line.
- If you purchased bib mailing, you will pick up your shirt at the Southampton Intermediate School gym after the race and do NOT need to attend Packet Pick-Up.