Have a question?
We are here to help! But first, your question may have already been answered! Check our FAQs below for answers to common topics.
Not sure how to use the FAQ page?
There are several ways you can find the answer to your question!
- Use the “Enter your keyword here” search bar at the beginning of each section. Begin typing keywords (ex: defer, change distance, packet pick-up, pacer) and articles will automatically populate for you to click through.
- Use the sections – Pre-Race Questions, Race Day Questions, Post-Race Questions – to find your answer. Once you find the question you are looking for, click the question to open the answer!
The deadline to defer your registration for race credit is Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
How do I check if I'm registered?
What is the Bib Mailing Add-On?
You can add this option on during your registration, or if you’re already registered you can complete the bib mailing add-on form to get your bib mailed. Only bibs will be mailed; finisher shirts and medals will be available for pickup at the Finish Line Festival.
Anyone who does not purchase this option will need to attend our in person Packet Pick-Up. More Packet Pick-Up details to come.
We will not mail shirts or medals. The bib mailing add-on is only available for shipping addresses within the U.S.
How can I change my race distance?
Runners without bib mailing will have until Tuesday of race week to change their distance online and receive the correct bib at Packet Pick-Up. The change distance form is at the top of this page. If you change your distance after Tuesday, you will need to visit the Solutions table at Packet Pick-Up to receive the correct bib. .
We do not charge an administrative fee to change your distance. There is no charge to go down in distance, but if you choose a longer distance, you will need to pay the difference between the distances.
What is your refund policy?
In light of COVID-19, we have introduced Worry Free Registration:
- A registration for the 2023 Hamptons Marathon & Half guarantees a race experience for you! Should the 2023 race be forced to cancel due to COVID-19, all of our 2023 registrants will have options! You can choose to be awarded your entire registration fee back in the form of race credit or to transfer your registration to the virtual race. Race credit earned due to a COVID-19 cancellation will not expire and can be applied towards any Capstone Races event.
- We’re all hoping to produce the 2023 race. However, if you don’t feel comfortable for whatever reason, we’ve waived our normal deferral fee.
- If we are forced to switch our physical race to a virtual race due to COVID-19 all participants that stay in the virtual race will receive the difference of their registration back in the form of race credit.
- Our “No Refund” and “No Transfer” policies will still be in effect for this race.
Can I transfer my registration to another person?
How do I defer my registration to next year's event?
Step 1: The deadline to defer your race entry is 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday, September 13. The deferral form is at the top of this page. We have waived the normal deferral fees. Once you defer your entry, credit will be applied to your email address. Please note the amount of credit you receive is equal to the amount you paid at registration (excluding handling fees).
Step 2: Deferring your race entry does NOT automatically register you for a future event. To use your credit, you must sign up for an upcoming Capstone race using the email address associated with your credit. The credit will automatically be applied at the time of your registration.
When is packet pick-up?
- Friday, September 22: Southampton Intermediate School gym in Southampton, NY from 6 – 8:30 PM.
- Saturday, September 23: Race Day Packet Pick-Up will be available at Southampton Intermediate School gym from 6 – 7 AM.
Please note that there will not be a Thursday Packet Pick-Up in NYC.
What do I need to bring to packet pick-up?
Can someone else pick up my packet?
Do you offer a student discount/military discount?
Do I need a parking pass?
Free parking options are available as well. Please click here for more information.
Parking at the school is free for Packet Pick-Up on Friday, September 22 only.
I bought a parking pass; where do I pick it up?
If you purchased bib mailing and a parking pass, your parking pass will also be mailed to you before race day.
Can I register at packet pick-up?
Is the course USATF certified?
Is this course a Boston qualifier?
Does the Hamptons Marathon & Half allow elite athlete entries?
Will there be pacers?
RACE DAY QUESTIONS
Where can I view a map of the course and see the course elevation?
Is there a time limit?
Are strollers allowed on the course?
What kind of hydration / food will be available on the course?
Are pets allowed on the race course?
However, service animals as recognized by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are permitted on course. Should you decide to run the race with a service animal, please email your information to email@example.com Runners with ADA service animals will be placed in the last corral behind individual runners for safety purposes.
Are pets allowed in the post-race area?
Animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless the individual’s disability prevents using these devices or these devices interfere with the service animal’s safe, effective performance of tasks. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
Where should I park on race morning?
What is your weather policy?
If there is inclement weather during the race, it is your responsibility as a race participant to follow instruction from race officials and law enforcement in regards to inclement weather. If you disregard instructions from race officials, you are doing so at your own risk.
Will a gear check be offered?
Is there race day packet pick-up?
I want to find my runner, is there a live tracking option available?
More information will be available closer to race day.
Where are the best places to see the runners pass by, so I can cheer my runner on?
How do overall awards work?
Overall award winners will be announced at the finish line at approximately the following times:
- 5k winners: 9:00 AM
- Half Marathon winners: 10:00 AM
- Marathon winners: 12:00 PM
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to stay for the award ceremony and believe you won an overall award, please see the Results Tent on race day to ensure you receive the medal. Overall and Age Group awards will NOT be mailed out after the event.
How are awards determined?
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to stay for the award ceremony and believe you won an overall award please see the Customer Service Tent race day to ensure you receive the medal. Overall and Age Group awards will NOT be mailed out after the event.
What are the age groups for age group awards?
19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & over
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to stay for the award ceremony and believe you won an overall award please see the Results Tent on race day to ensure you receive the medal. Overall and Age Group awards will NOT be mailed out after the event.