This is a reflection of the 2018 event, more information on the 2019 event is coming soon!
The Bull City Race Fest is produced in close partnership with the City of Durham, Durham Police, Duke University Police, and the American Tobacco Campus. The half-marathon race starts at 7:30 AM on Blackwell Street.
This is a local community-building event that showcase the best parts of Durham, including many neighborhoods with churches. We are committed to providing the members of our community advance notice of roads impacted.
You will see the following appear around town in the weeks before the race:
- Electronic message boards near major roads impacted
- Road signs along the race course with the race date and time
- Postcards mailed to every resident and business on or near the race course
Roads utilized for the race course will be closed and re-opened on a rolling basis as runners pass through the course. Most road closures will occur between 7-10:30 AM. Please DOWNLOAD the Detour Guide.
Police and course monitors will be positioned at each intersection on the course. Detours and alternate routes will be supported by DPD & course marshals. At certain intersections, cars may be assisted across the course when deemed safe by the officer in charge. Please be patient as it may take a few minutes to find a large enough break in the participants to help you across.
Below is a listing of the churches on our race course and an indication if there will be an impact to the church. If your church will be impacted, please view and print the church access guides linked above. If your church is not listed here and you feel it should be, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Asbury & New Creation UMC, 806 Clarendon St: impacted until 9:20am
- Dayspring Fellowship Church, 922 9th St: impacted until 9:00am
- Faith Fellowship Church, 1323 Watts St, No Impact
- First Calvary Baptist Church, 1311 Morehead Ave: impacted until 10:35am
- Grace Lutheran Church, 824 N Buchanan Blvd: impacted until 8:20am
- Morehead Avenue Baptist Church, 1008 Morehead Ave: impacted until 10:35am
- Reformed Presbyterian Church, 1316 Watts St, No Impact
- St John’s Baptist Church, 917 Onslow St: impacted until 9:05am
- Summit Church, 309 W. Morgan: impacted until 8:50am
- Temple Beth El Synagogue, 1004 Watts St, No Impact
- Watts St Baptist Church, 800 Watts St: impacted until 8:50am
- West Durham Pentecostal Holiness Church, 901 Alabama Ave, No Impact