Tar Heel 10 Miler Race Credit
On Thursday, March 12 the 2020 Tar Heel 10 Miler & Fleet Feet 4 Mile Run event scheduled for April 18, 2020 was cancelled. Due to the severity of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and recent developments from the NC DHHS this was the correct move to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
All of our runners that were registered for the 2020 Tar Heel 10 Miler & Fleet Feet 4 Mile Run have received race credit equal to the amount each paid to register for the (excluding handling fees). This race credit is attached to the email address used at registration. While we have waived our normal deferral fee due to the uniqueness of this situation, we will not be issuing any refunds.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY CREDIT?
You have options:
- You can register for the 2021 Tar Heel 10 Miler & 4 Mile Run although the date of the race has not yet been announced. Prices will not change until an official date has been announced, so you will not lose any credit if you wait to register. We want this race to be an option available for anyone committed to running the Tar Heel 10 Miler no matter the circumstances.
- You can sign up here to be notified when the date for the 2021 Tar Heel 10 Miler & 4 Mile Run date is finalized
- You can use your credit towards any race in the Capstone Event Group portfolio. Our portfolio of races is listed below:
Sea Island Half Marathon: Sea Island, GA – (Opening Soon)
Charleston Marathon: Jan. 16, 2021
Myrtle Beach Marathon: March 6, 2021
2021 Tar Heel 10 Miler: Chapel Hill, NC (Date TBD)
2021 Vancouver Sun Run: Vancouver Canada – (Opening Soon)
2021 Bay to Breakers: San Francisco, CA (Opening Soon)
2021 Greenbrier Half Marathon: White Sulphur Springs, WV – May 8, 2021
HOW DO I USE MY CREDIT?
Follow the steps below:
- Select the race you want to register on from the Capstone Event Group page.
- Use the email address you used for 2020 registration & select a distance
- The amount of your race credit will be deducted from your registration total.
- There is no need to enter a code, the credit is connected to the email.
WHEN CAN I USE MY CREDIT?
You can start using your race credit now on any of the races within the Capstone Event Group portfolio, including the 2021 Tar Heel 10 Miler & 4 Mile Run. Your credit will be active for ONE YEAR, so if a race isn’t open right now you can sign up for the mailing list and be notified once registration opens. You will receive reminders via email when your credit is about to expire.
WHAT IF I HAVE LEFTOVER CREDIT?
That’s great! You can apply your leftover credit to any other race within our portfolio as long as you use the email the credit is connected to. Remember the credit will expire ONE YEAR after it was initially activated, and the deadline does NOT reset when you use your race credit.
Have More Questions About Your Credit? We’re Here to Help!
Can I receive a refund instead of race credit?
How is race credit different from a refund?
When can I use my race credit?
What if I have $0 of credit?
What if I used one email for multiple registrations?
What do I do if my email address has changed since I registered?
Don't you have to refund my fee since the race isn't taking place?
“Fee Refunds: I understand that all fees and associated costs (including optional product purchases, spectator tickets, and donations), paid in registration for this Event are not refundable for any reason under any circumstances, including but not limited to injury, a scheduling conflict, and/or event cancellation.”