Participants Coming from Raleigh, Cary, Durham: If you are planning to get to the race utilizing I-40, use exit 266: NC 86, to Chapel Hill. You will not be able to take exit 273A onto Highway 54 Chapel Hill to access the race due road closures. Plan to leave earlier to give yourself more time to arrive by 6:00 AM.
For additional traffic information, click here.
Race Day Parking Plan
Please follow our detailed parking plan to find suggested on-campus, downtown parking, and Uber/Lyft/Drop-off locations. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
- Please note that all parking is first come, first served, so please plan to arrive early and be aware of the different parking options available on race day.
Important Parking Information and Reminders
- Runners for ALL distances must arrive by 6:00 AM and be parked by 6:30 AM to avoid the UNC Hospital shift change traffic. Keep in mind that the 4 Miler starts at 7:15 AM, and the 10 Miler starts at 7:45 AM.
- To minimize congestion on major roads, follow our directions (on pages 2 & 3 of the Official Parking Plan) based on your home or hotel.
- Please follow the instructions of parking professionals and volunteers! As parking decks/lots fill up, they will direct you to available parking.
- Please carpool and/or use ride-share options!
- BEST Drop-Off Location: Bus Lane of Columbia Street between Manning Drive and Medical Drive
- Alternate Drop-off Location: William Blythe Avenue
For a detailed map of recommended drop-off locations, see page 6 of the parking plan.
Important Parking Reminders
Hospital Shift Change
- To avoid additional traffic on Manning Drive due to the hospital shift change, runners of all distances should be parked by 6:30 AM.
Road Closure: Raleigh Road Closed
- Raleigh Road (Rt 54) will be closed from the intersection of 15/501 (Fordham Blvd) to Country Club Road starting at 5:00 AM on race morning.
Rams Head Parking Deck Closed to Runners
- Please do not attempt to park in the Rams Head parking deck located on Ridge Road next to Kenan Stadium. Race officials will be monitoring the entrance to this parking deck.