It’s no secret that the running world has changed. As race cancellations and virtual races are becoming the “new normal,” you’re craving that race day experience.
We want you to have a race day experience again where you feel safe. For the 2021 race we’ve implemented Worry Free Registration, made some Operational Changes (Health & Wellness Expo, Race Start, Post-Race Party; etc.), and will be hosting a Virtual Race Option.
Check out all the changes we’ve made this year below – we bet you’re going to like them:
- A registration for the 2021 Myrtle Beach Marathon guarantees a race experience for you! Should the 2021 race be forced to cancel due to COVID-19, all of our 2021 registrants will be awarded their entire registration fee back in the form of race credit or they’ll have the option to transfer their registration to the virtual race. Race credit earned due to a COVID-19 cancellation will not expire and can be applied to any Capstone Race.
- We’re all hoping to produce the MBM this year. However, if you don’t feel comfortable for whatever reason, we’ve waived our normal deferral fee.
- If we are forced to switch our physical race to a virtual race due to COVID-19 all participants that stay in the virtual race will receive the difference of their registration back in the form of race credit.
- Our “No Refund” and “No Transfer” policies will still be in effect for this race.
Mandatory Pre-Race COVID Questionnaire
- All participants will be required to take a pre-race COVID questionnaire to evaluate your symptoms prior to race day.
Hand Sanitizer/Washing Stations
- There will be plenty of Hand Sanitizer and Washing Stations throughout the entire event. Along with these stations all of our staff members and volunteers will be provided with Personal Protective Equipment to further ensure your safety.
The Health & Wellness Expo
- There will be no more rushing to the Health & Wellness Expo to get your bib and race gear. This year your race bib will be mailed to you prior to race day. You will also receive your participant shirt, tank and medal at the finish line.
- To help reduce person to person contact we will not be hosting a gear check. There will be plenty of parking close to the start and finish line for you to store your gear – another line you get to avoid.
Staggered Start Times
- We’ll be implementing wave start times to encourage social distancing throughout the course. More details on wave starts will be available soon.
Finish Line – Swag Pick-Up & Finish Line Festival
- Once you cross the finish line you’ll receive your medal, shirt and tank top. There will also be pre-packaged food at the finish line for you to grab and go. Although we will not have our Finish Line Festival, we are working with local merchants for you to take the party elsewhere. More details to come closer to race day!
Family Fun Run – Virtually
- Grab the family and get ready for a 1 mile run that everyone will enjoy because this year we will be hosting the Family Fun Run virtually! You’ll get to run anywhere you’d like and anytime between February 24 – March 5. Once you complete your run you’ll get to celebrate with the finisher tee and medal mailed right to your door.
For the first time in Myrtle Beach Marathon history we will be hosting a 10k distance – virtually! Run anytime between February 24 – March 5 to earn the exclusive Virtual 10k finisher medal and race shirt straight to your front door. You’ll also receive a virtual race bib via email to wear during your virtual run. Register for the virtual race today!
Run Both the Virtual & Physical Race
Are you looking to challenge yourself a bit? Need some extra training? Or do you just want the exclusive Virtual 10k finisher medal?
Whatever your reason is we definitely recommend being a part of the first-ever Myrtle Beach Virtual 10k race! When you run both the physical race and the virtual race you’ll not only be a part of a historic moment, but you’ll also receive both bibs, your distance medal, shirt, finisher gift and the Virtual 10k medal at the physical race finish line. You’re going to be running the week before anyways might as well get rewarded for it!
Now that you’ve reviewed all of the changes to the 2021 Myrtle Beach Marathon take some time to explore all of your options. You can run the Physical Race, the Virtual 10k, both the Virtual 10k and Physical Race or take part in our Virtual Family Fun Run – the choice is yours!
Distances: Marathon, Half Marathon & 5k
Date: All physical races will run on March 6, 2021
Time: Wave starts will be announced soon!
Location: Pelican’s Stadium
Gear: All participants will receive a race bib mailed to them before race day. The participant shirt, finisher medal and finisher gift will be available to be picked up at the finish line.
Distance: Any physical distance you choice + Virtual 10k
Date & Time:
- Physical Race – March 6, 2021 (varied start time based on distance)
- Virtual Race – Anytime between February 24 to March 5
- Physical Race: Pelican’s Stadium
- Virtual Race: Anywhere
Gear: You’ll receive the virtual race bib, physical bib, participant shirt, distance medal, Virtual 10k medal & Finisher Gift. Your virtual race bib will be emailed to you and all of the rest of your gear will be picked up at the physical race finish line.
Distance: Family Fun Run (1-Mile)
Date: Run anytime between February 24 – March 5 (10 Days of Running)
Where: Anywhere you want! Run your favorite trail or hop on a treadmill – the choice is yours!
Gear: You’ll receive a Virtual Bib via email. Along with a Family Fun Run Finisher Medal & Family Fun Run Participant Shirt shipped right to your front door.