After careful consideration of the situation regarding COVID-19 and with the support of our partners, we have made the decision to cancel the September 26, 2020 Hamptons Marathon & Half as an in-person event. We’ve consulted with our medical team and industry leaders and we believe this is the only responsible action to take in an effort to ensure the safety of our participants, spectators, volunteers, and community and to not divert valuable resources away from our local health system. We do not yet know when the landscape will allow us to safely host a large endurance event and we feel that it is important to provide transparency and to give you as much notice as possible.
For those that were already registered for the 2020 Hamptons Marathon & Half, we have worked hard to provide options so that you can make the decision that is best for you. While we will not be gathering together in Southampton Village this fall, the 2020 Hamptons Marathon & Half will now be provided as a virtual event and, if you are not able to run the virtual event, we are pleased to offer a deferral option with complimentary entry to the 2021 or 2022 Hamptons Marathon & Half.
• Run the 2020 Virtual Hamptons Marathon & Half Event and receive race swag. No action is needed at this time for you to run the virtual race. Please see below for initial details and we will continue to share more details in the coming weeks.
• Defer your 2020 registration to the 2021 or 2022 Hamptons Marathon & Half for no additional charge. Please complete the deferral form here by July 31, 2020 at 11:59PM.
• You will automatically be registered and do not need to take any action at this time. We will provide more details in the coming weeks.
• Hamptons swag will be mailed to you for your convenience and includes a medal, shirt, buff and bib.
• Net proceeds will be donated, as always, to benefit the East End community.
• Virtual training sessions with us and community engagement with the virtual running field.
• Participants of the 2020 virtual event that were registered BEFORE the cancellation on June 15, 2020 will receive a $20 discount for entry to the 2021 Hamptons Marathon & Half.
Finally, please note that our refund policy is still in effect to ensure the longevity of the Hamptons Marathon & Half, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Still have questions about the deferral or virtual run options? Check out our FAQs.
This is not the news we wanted to deliver. We had hoped to be training with many of you on our Sunday morning training runs and were looking forward to meeting you at the finish line. That will have to wait. We will run the Hamptons together again but until then we will run alone. Together.
Diane & Amanda