The health and well-being of our runners has always been our top priority. While the race is scheduled for the spring of 2021, many people may still feel uncertain about future running events. That’s why we’ve done everything in our power to provide the reassurance that you need to make a decision that you can feel confident about. Beginning immediately, we are are proud to offer the Runner’s Promise which ensures the following:
- All runners are guaranteed a refund on their race registration (minus taxes and fees) and The Greenbrier room booking if they choose to cancel by March 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
- All runners are guaranteed a refund on their race registration (minus taxes and fees) if the race is cancelled at any time due to COVID-19. If you love the Greenbrier Half Marathon, want to support the race and would prefer the opportunity to run at a later time, or at any of our other Capstone Races events, you can opt for race credit in the amount of your registration instead.
No Gear Check
– There will be no gear check for the 2021 event.
Face Covering Requirements
– Face coverings will be required at the start and finish area. Runners will be permitted to remove their face covering on the course when social distancing is possible.
Separate Start Times
– Runners will start in separate groupings at the start line, allowing for enough space for all runners to social distance before the race. Start times and group sizes will be announced closer to race day.
Resort Safety Protocols
– All runners and guests must comply with the latest resort health and safety protocols.
– Anyone entering resort property will be required to complete a temperature screening and wear a face covering while indoors. Runners will have their temperature checked before boarding the shuttles. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or greater will be denied entrance to the resort and will not be permitted to race.
Additionally, we are working closely with The Greenbrier to ensure the health and safety of our runners during race weekend. Below are the current health guidelines being enforced at The Greenbrier, as well as the health and safety procedures expected at the 2021 event. Please note that these procedures are subject to change with the evolving situation.
The Greenbrier is proactively taking steps to help protect guests, members and employees for re-opening.
The following actions have been added to their already normally high cleaning standards:
- The Greenbrier will ensure that its Team Members are properly instructed and trained to maintain a fully sanitized surrounding for our guests. Surfaces and objects will be sanitized continuously or after each use. Every Team Member will have his or her temperature checked prior to each shift. Team Members will wear face coverings and gloves as required.
- Guests will be asked to maintain a safe distance when in line or waiting, to wipe down their luggage handles before staff pick them up, sanitize their hands before entering restaurants, bars and casinos, and avoid shaking hands or unnecessary physical contact.
- In compliance with an order issued for all of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is requiring all guests to wear a face covering while in public spaces on resort property where social distancing cannot be achieved to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Guests are not required to wear face covering in their rooms or while outdoors. Face coverings can be removed in the restaurants once seated at a table.