Race Weekend Quick Facts
CHANGE DISTANCE: The last day to change your distance online was Thursday, OCTOBER 24, 2019 AT 11:59 PM. If you would like to change your distance before the race, please visit the Customer Service table at the Duke Raleigh Hospital Health and Fitness Expo on Saturday, November 2 between 10 AM and 6 PM.
DEFERRALS: The deferral deadline was THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2019 AT 11:59 PM. Deferrals are no longer being accepted. NO exceptions will be made!
RACE WEEK EMAILS: If you have not received any race week emails please update your preferences here. Below you will find all of the previous emails that went out to runners.
RACE START TIMES
MARATHON, HALF MARATHON, MARATHON RELAY & 10K: 7:00 AM
5K: 7:20 AM
EXPO PACKET PICK-UP & KIDS MILE
EXPO PACKET PICK-UP:
- Saturday, November 2: 10 AM – 6 PM at Martin Middle School (inside the gymnasium) 1701 Ridge Road Raleigh, NC 27607
- There will be plenty of free parking on school grounds as well as ample street parking on Horton Street
- The Kids Mile will take place during packet pick-up (2 PM) so please ensure you have enough time to grab your bib and shirt before heading to start/finish line!
Please note: There will be NO race day packet pick-up! You MUST attend the expo to pick up your packet. There will be no exceptions!
The Kids Mile will be during the Duke Raleigh Hospital Health and Fitness Expo. All runners will need to come into the expo to grab their bib and shirt before heading to the start/finish area.
The race will start at Martin Middle School Outdoor Track (there will be signs at the expo directing participants to the start) at 2 PM.
Download the Sporthive Live App.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1283007038
- Andoid: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mylaps.eventapp.sporthivelive
- search keywords “Sporthive Live, Sporthive”
Open the Sporthive Live App
- A Selector Page appears, click on Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon listing
- The Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon app opens and is loaded
- On return visits to the Sporthive Live App, Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon app will load automatically, no search is required
Or you can download the app using a QR code here.
There are more than 4,000 parking spaces available within a 5-minute walk of the start/finish area for runners and spectators. The best parking is available at:
- Cameron Village (located at Oberlin and Clark Streets): 2005 Clark Ave, Raleigh NC 2605. Please do not park in the Harris Teeter or Rite Aid parking lots.
- NC State Reynolds Coliseum Parking Deck (off Pullen Road): Jensen Drive, Raleigh, NC 27607
Designated drop-off location: 1608 Hillsborough St. (parking lot across from the YMCA) ~1/4 mile from start & finish line (5 min walk). Please note: This area cannot be accessed between 6:45am-7:45am.
These are the best places to view your family/friends running the event:
The start/finish line at the NC State Bell Tower
The State Capitol area downtown (Miles 3.5 and 4.5 for the full and half marathon, relays and 10k)
Cameron Village (Mile 7.1 for the full and half marathon; mile 6.2 finish for the 10k)
Meredith College (Mile 11 for the half marathon and marathon; mile 24 for the marathon)
Crabtree Valley Mall (Miles 15 and 20 for the marathon)
North Hills Drive – just south of Northbrook Drive (Miles 16 and 18 for the full marathon)