We understand that issues come up that prevent you from racing as planned. While race insurance may come in handy occasionally, the downside is paying for it up front when you might not even use it, and then you have to deal with the hassle of proving to the insurance company why you qualify for a refund. We are proud to offer the option to defer your 2019 race entry for only $20 – no questions asked, and you don’t have to pay an additional cost until you know you need to defer! Relay entries are not able to be deferred.
Race Deferral Deadline: You must complete the deferral request form prior to Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 11:59pm. Deferral requests after this time will not be accepted.
Once you complete the form below, a credit for your original registration cost will be added to your account (please note: you will not be credited for any additional purchases or handling charges). You can then register for next year’s City of Oaks event, and that credit amount will be deducted from the price of your new race registration and any additional purchases that you make.
If you would like to change your distance within the same race, please click here to do so. When changing your race distance, there is no fee to transfer to a shorter distance, and you pay only the difference to transfer to a longer distance.
Race Deferral Details:
- Cost: $20 flat fee + any entry fee difference (if applicable).
- Your account will be credited the amount you paid for the race you are deferring from. You will then register for next year’s event, and that credit will be deducted from the new race price.
- If you registered using a discount code for a free race, please email email@example.com to defer your race.
- Relay entries are unable to be deferred.
- Credit expires one year after it’s applied to your account.