** Please note: These courses are a reflection of the 2019 City of Oaks Marathon event. Courses are subject to change for the 2020 event. Stay tuned for any updates.
Water and Gatorade will be provided at every hydration station. Hydration station locations for each distance are listed below:
- Full Marathon: Miles 2, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12.5, 15, 16, 19, 20, 22.5, 25
- Half Marathon: Miles 2, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11
- 10k: Miles 2 and 5
- 5k: Miles 2
There will be four medical stations on the race course and a medical tent at the finish line. An ambulance will be available at the main start/finish line. There will be four medical bike teams patrolling the course along with two ATV medical teams on the greenway portion of the course.
All participants will receive a gear check tag on the participant’s bib number as well as a bag to use for gear check at packet pick-up. Runners may check their bag at the gear check area located beside Subway (2020 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC) at Hillsborough St. and Maiden Lane. You will need to attach your numbered tag (pulled from the bottom of your race bib) to your bag.
**The race is not responsible or liable for items placed in your bags and left at the bag check.
The start/finish line at the NC State Bell Tower
- The State Capitol area downtown (Miles 3.5 and 4.5 for the full and half marathon, relays and 10k)
- Cameron Village (Mile 7.1 for the full and half marathon; mile 6.2 finish for the 10k)
- Meredith College (Mile 11 for the half marathon and marathon; mile 24 for the marathon)
- Crabtree Valley Mall (Miles 15 and 20 for the marathon)
- North Hills Drive – just south of Northbrook Drive (Miles 16 and 18 for the full marathon)
Download the Sporthive Live App.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1283007038
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mylaps.eventapp.sporthivelive
- search keywords “Sporthive Live, Sporthive”
Open the Sporthive Live App
- A Selector Page appears, click on Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon listing
- The Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon app opens and is loaded
- On return visits to the Sporthive Live App, Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon app will load automatically, no search is required
Each course was designed to showcase many of the focal points of the capital city, including Fayetteville Street and the State Capitol Building in downtown Raleigh, the Glenwood South restaurant district, Meredith College, NC State University, and the NC State Bell Tower. The courses show the diversity of Raleigh’s landscape, from modern city to wooded trails with a lakeside setting. Marathon runners will also be treated to a run on the Capital Area Greenway system.
The Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon, UNC REX Healthcare Half Marathon, 10k and Acorn 5k are USATF-sanctioned events and USATF-certified courses. The marathon is a Boston Marathon qualifier.
**Please note: For the safety of our runners and our fury friends, pets are NOT ALLOWED on the course. Dogs are not permitted on any of The City of Oaks Marathon courses!