*This information is a reflection of the past event. Information is subject to change for the 2022 event. Stay tuned for any updates.
Registration for the Youth Marathon is coming soon.
All participants are strongly encouraged to wear a mask at the start and finish area and social distance whenever possible. Do not attend the event if you are currently infected by COVID-19 or have knowingly been in contact with someone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Health and safety protocols are subject to change leading up to the event as we will continue to follow all guidelines set forth by the host venue, local and state government. In the event new regulations are put into place, we will update all of our participants as soon as possible via our website, email and Participant Guide.
- Date: January 15, 2022
- Start Time: 1 PM
- Start: 4201 Spruill Ave North Charleston, SC 29405
- Finish: 4201 Spruill Ave North Charleston, SC 29405
- Route: The Charleston Youth Marathon® will take place in North Charleston, and run on portions of the official Charleston Marathon course. It will share the same finish line as the 5K, Marathon and Half Marathon.
- Distance: Approximately 1 Mile
- Support: There will be medical, police and EMS personnel throughout the course, as well as dozens of course volunteers keeping our participants and spectators safe!
- Time Limit: The Charleston Youth Marathon® is a family friendly run and we welcome walkers and runners of all experience levels.
- Age Limit: There is no age restriction. If younger than 7 years old, an adult must accompany the child on the course. Strollers are allowed.
- Waiver/Release: All participants must sign the waiver in order to participate.
- Awards: Each child participating receives a commemorative t-shirt and finisher medal.
- Post-Race Party: Enjoy a family fun area with refreshments, activities and live entertainment.
- The Peyton Moore Spirit Award: The traveling trophy will be awarded to the school with the most Youth Marathon Runners.
- Youth Marathon Award: A purse of $600 is distributed among the top three schools with the most spirit and school participation.
- 1st place: $300
- 2nd place: $200
- 3rd place: $100
The Charleston Marathon® has a tradition of unique awards recognizing individuals and groups for their community support.
1st Place: St. Andrew’s School of Math and Science won the Peyton Moore Spirit Award and a $300 check for the fourth year in a row
2nd Place: Howe Hall AIMS took second place and received a check for $200.
3rd Place: Places James B. Edwards Elementary took third place and a check for $100.
The Peyton Moore Spirit Award is given to the school with the most participation in the race along with a traveling trophy and $300 award. The 2020 Charleston Youth Marathon® was a huge success with over 400 youth runners representing 38 different schools across the East Coast.
T-Shirt Design Contest
Congratulations to the 2020 Youth Marathon T-Shirt Design Contest winners!
- 1st Place: (the design that will be on the 2020 Charleston Youth Marathon shirt): Alex Eastman
- 2nd Place: Louise Martin
- 3rd Place: Aysha Bowens