PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION BELOW IS A REFLECTION OF THE 2019 EVENT. UPDATED INFORMATION FOR THE 2020 CHARLESTON MARATHON®COMING SOON!
Free registration is available online as well as at the Expo on Friday, January 10. To guarantee a shirt, attendees must register online by December 1.
- Date: Saturday, January 11
- Start Time: 1:30pm
- Start: Corner of Shipbuilding Way and Noisette Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29405
- Finish: Riverfront Park near 1061 Everglades Ave, North Charleston, SC 29405
- Route: The Charleston Youth Marathon® will take place in North Charleston, and run on portions of the official Charleston Marathon course. It will share the same start line as the 5K, and the same finish line as the 5K, Marathon and Half Marathon.
- Distance: 1.2 miles on race day
- Support: There will be ham radio, medical, police and EMS personnel throughout the course, as well as dozens of course volunteers keeping our participants and spectators safe!
- Time Limit: The Charleston Youth Marathon® is a family friendly run and we welcome walkers and runners of all experience levels.
- Age Limit: There is no age restriction. If younger then 7 years old, an adult must accompany the child on the course. Strollers are allowed.
- Waiver/Release: All participants must sign the waiver in order to participate.
- Awards: Each child participating receives a commemorative t-shirt, finisher medal, and access to sponsor promotions and coupons (via email).
- Post-Race Party: Enjoy a family fun area with refreshments, activities and live entertainment.
T-Shirt Design Contest
Announcing the 2019 Youth Marathon T-Shirt Design Contest Winners…
1st Place (the design that will be on the 2019 Charleston Youth Marathon shirt): Alisha Gregg
2nd Place: Malaysia Gallashaw
3rd Place: J’niyah Long
Congratulations to our winners and thanks again to everyone who participated!
The Charleston Youth Marathon t-shirt design contest will begin soon! Stay tuned for details on how to enter!
We are looking forward to seeing your unique creations!
The Charleston Marathon® has a tradition of unique awards recognizing individuals and groups for their community support.
- The Peyton Moore Spirit Award: The traveling trophy will be awarded to the school with the most Youth Marathon Runners.
- Youth Marathon Award: A purse of $600 is distributed among the top three schools with the most spirit and school participation.
- 1st place: $300
- 2nd place: $200
- 3rd place: $100