January 11, 2020
Race begins at 8:00 am
Race start line will be announced closer to race day!
Please note: The information below is a reflection of the 2019 Charleston Marathon® event. Updated information for the 2020 event will be posted soon!
- Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
- Start: Corner of Shipbuilding Way and Noisette Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29405
- Finish: Riverfront Park near 1061 Everglades Ave, North Charleston, SC 29405
- Route: The 5k will take place in North Charleston, around Riverfront Park, and run on portions of the official Charleston Marathon course. It will share the same start line as the Youth Marathon, and the same finish line as the Marathon, Half Marathon and Youth Marathon.
- Course Entertainment: Music and performance groups from our local community will be along the course to keep you moving!
- Aid Stations: There will be one aid station in the 5k serving water at mile 1.5.
- Support: There will be medical, police and EMS personnel throughout the course, as well as dozens of course volunteers keeping our participants and spectators safe!
- Time Limit: The 5k is a family friendly run and we welcome walkers and runners of all experience levels.
- Race Day Registration: We will be offering race day registration for the Shrimp & Grits 5k. Shirts will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Runners who registered prior to race day must still pick up their packets at the Health and Wellness Expo on Friday.