All participants are strongly encouraged to wear a mask at the start and finish area and social distance whenever possible. Do not attend the event if you are currently infected by COVID-19 or have knowingly been in contact with someone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Health and safety protocols are subject to change leading up to the event as we will continue to follow all guidelines set forth by the host venue, local and state government. In the event new regulations are put into place, we will update all of our participants as soon as possible via our website, email and Participant Guide.
- Start Time: 7:30 a.m.
- Start: On Fishburne St in front of Burke High School at 244 President St, Charleston, SC 29403
- Finish: Firefly Distillery located at 4201 Spruill Ave North Charleston, SC 29405
- Route: This year’s Charleston Half Marathon® is a scenic 13.1-mile run that will showcase the beauty and the history of the Lowcountry, featuring Hampton Park, The Citadel, The Battery, Iconic King Street, and a finish at Charleston’s oldest working distillery, Firefly Distillery.
- Course Entertainment: Local bands will be along the course to keep you moving!
- Pace Groups: We have a great group of volunteers who will be pacers for the marathon. We plan to offer the following pace groups: 1:30 | 1:45 | 2:00 | 2:15 | 2:30 | 2:45 | 3:00. If you would like to run in a pace group, please find the pace group leader holding the sign with your desired pace in the coral when lining up to start the race!
- Aid Stations: Please see below for a list of half-marathon aid stations and their supplies:
Aid Station Overview
Water, Sports Drink
|2||4.3m||Water, Sports Drink|
|3||6.2m||Water, Sports Drink|
Water, Sports Drink
|5||9.9m||Water, Sports Drink, Gu|
|6||11.6m||Water, Sports Drink|
- Porta-Potties: There will be porta-Potties at every Aid-Station and at the start and finish line.
- Minor First Aid: We will have minor first aid kits at a few Aid Stations along the course. These will be self-serve.
- Support: There will be medical, police and EMS personnel throughout the course, as well as dozens of course volunteers keeping our participants and spectators safe!
- Time Limit: The course has an overall time limit of 4 hours.
- Course Cutoff Location: The course has a 4 hour limit. Half Marathon participants must be able to run or speed walk the first 10.8 miles of the course to exit the City of Charleston by 10:00 am (2 hours and 30 minutes). This will be strictly enforced by local authorities, for the health and safety of our participants, as the course will then be opened to traffic. Note: All runners must finish the half marathon within the 4 hour time limit in order to receive an official time and a finisher’s medal.