The 2021 Bay to Breakers Race Has Gone Virtual… Again
Welp, it’s happened, again. After pushing this legacy race into August, we were hopeful that we’d be able to produce the race in person. Upon further examination, and due to the size and nature of Bay to Breakers, we’ve made the unfortunate decision to cancel the live event and operate virtually.
There’s no easy way to say it… this sucks. Like many of you, we were hopeful that we would be able to run together in person this year. Although we won’t be able to run wild through the streets of San Francisco together, we can make the best of this experience and run wild virtually!
All currently registered runners have automatically been rolled into the Virtual 12k race. And why wait until August? Let’s bring it back home to the traditional third Sunday of May.
Here’s what you can expect from the 2021 Bay to Breakers Virtual 12k Run:
- Kickstart Your Run On The Traditional Race Day. You’ll have from May 16 to June 2 (Global Running Day) to complete your run and celebrate the Bay to Breakers 110 year tradition.
- Represent San Francisco In Style with our Tie Dye Summer Swag – say “goodbye” to that basic tee, and “hello” to your Tie Dye finisher medal, finisher hat, and beach towel all shipped right to your front door.
- Run Anywhere & Anytime whether you prefer to run at 5 AM or 5 PM on a treadmill or a nature trail the adventures are endless. (Extra bonus you can skip the shuttle/uber/parking hassles.)
- Strike Your Best Pose in your costume or race swag and share with your adoring fans on social media using the hashtag #BaytoBreakers.
- Share Your Results with us to see if you beat your friend running in the unicorn costume.
All participants will receive a refund of any add-on purchases (within 5-10 business days after March 19), including packet mailing, iTab engraving, VIP Upgrade and the Breakers Bonus.
No matter where we host the Bay to Breakers, our vision and purpose of unification and celebration of the Bay area will remain the same. We will continue to work to raise money for the California Wildfire Relief Fund virtually and will do our best to provide each of our runners a smooth transition into the virtual race.
Not interested in running virtually? It’s okay, we understand. Although our no refund and no transfer policies are still in effect, thanks to our Worry Free Registration, you can opt for your registration fee back in the form of race credit. This race credit will not expire and can be applied to any future Capstone Race (including the 2022 Bay to Breakers event). To receive your race credit complete the Deferral Form, click here. The deadline to defer your registration for race credit is Friday, March 19 at 12 PM PST all race credit will be granted after this deadline.