Bay to Breakers Statement Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak
Following further discussions with the City and County of San Francisco surrounding the escalating COVID-19 outbreak, we have made the decision to postpone Bay to Breakers to September 20, 2020. The health and safety of our participants, staff and volunteers is our utmost priority, and we are grateful to the City for their flexibility and assistance in selecting this new date to ensure this legacy event takes place for the 109th consecutive year.
“Bay to Breakers is more than just a race. This event was started in 1912 to unify a recovering San Francisco community following a devastating earthquake. For more than a century, it has represented the strength and resilience of the Bay area, while serving as a celebration of diversity and community for participants and spectators alike,” said John Kane, CEO of Capstone Event Group. “We look forward to continuing this legacy and celebrating the next chapter of Bay to Breakers with everyone on September 20.”
All existing 2020 Bay to Breakers registrations will be automatically transferred for the new date. No action is needed on your part.
Refunds will not be offered. If you are unable to make the new date, you have the option to defer your 2020 registration to the 2021 race. Full details on this process can be found at BayToBreakers.com/Defer.
Have more questions? Please see FAQs below.
How does the deferral process work?
Please visit BayToBreakers.com/Defer for full details on the deferral process.